Here's what else I'm thankful for...
- My Valkyrie knit hat by my cousin, Adina
- For the first time in my life, we had a conflict-free family Thanksgiving. And I wasn't even drunk, nor did I have a significant other at the table to distract me
- The morning steroids I had to take for chemo that got me zipping around the house like a maniac to get the turkey done, clean the house in order to make up for the fact that the cleaning lady didn't make it yesterday
- The strength that it took for me not to kill the children this morning
- Shower-free cleansers stolen from the hospital on a morning when I wasn't able to take a shower this morning
- My Aunt Susie's rendition of my grandmother's potato kugel
- My son's pumpkin pies (thought he gets a negative point for having eating a quarter of the pie tonight when he was supposed to be washing dishes, which I discovered he ate when he was on his way to bed)
- My mother's rendition of my grandmother apfelkuchen
- The wine my uncle brought in abundance
- Scented soy candles
- Southern Living's accessory line that makes me look professional
- My nickname - Martha Jewart
- Vacuum cleaners
- My father washing the dishes
And, now, for your video-watching pleasure...
And, just for you... one of the more humiliating moments in my Thanksgiving life...