First, if you haven't had a chance to take the survey evaluating 2010, please take it now. This will help me get your take on what was organized in 2010 as well as help narrow down 2011!
Secondly, we're already securing dates an locations on the following events:
- ROCK the RIDE and RUN - the cycling course may change this year - more details later
- ROCK the RIDGE - awaiting approval from the venue, but this will now be an official EFTA (Eastern Fat Tire Association) race. As of right now, it is not an NECS qualifying event, but the more folks we have signed up and the more noise that's made, who knows? Maybe that will change!
- LOVESTRONG for LIVESTRONG (or formerly known as LOVESTRONG for LIVESTRONG) - again, awaiting approval from venue/sponsor, but we hope to make this happen. (For branding purposes, we can't use LOVESTRONG anymore, so any alternative suggestions are welcome)
We're also working on some of the following ideas:
- A wine & cup-cake tasting
- A support/chat group for cancer fighters/survivors
- A formal gala/dinner/auction
But, as all of you know, I'm so absurdly open to ideas, especially if you're willing to help pitch in, that I welcome you to post them here, or take the survey and leave your feedback there! (Make sure to leave your contact info if you're volunteering to help organize them!)
Check out the Upcoming Events - the 5 Boro Tour is going to be a Team LIVESTRONG event with LIVESTRONG riders from all over the Tri-State! Join the team! (Just be sure to register on February 1, 2011 at the stroke of midnight - I was locked out last year within 24-hours!)