Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What's in a name? How's about a donation to LIVESTRONG?

I'm a sucker for naming things. Whether it's a cat to a child to a car, I name things. It's what I do. My Raleigh is affectionately known as my "Pink Cadillac". My Bianchi is "Eros" (I know, very original).

But, my newest addition to my stable has no name. I mean, sure, Trek gave it the eloquent name "3900", but you can't call that a name. That's merely a model number.

So let's give this a shot...

Here's a photo of the new bike:

Help me name this bike!

A few requirements:
  1. To be considered, I ask that you make a donation of at least $5 to my Austin LIVESTRONG Challenge account at: http://austin2010.livestrong.org/ricarockstheride828
  2. Once you have made your donation, leave a comment here along with your suggested name
  3. Because she's blue & white, and I lived in Israel, inclusion of something Israel-related would be much appreciated and likely for the highest consideration
That being said, I will MATCH - dollar for dollar - the winning name's contribution amount. (I will not choose the name based on how much you donated, but rather on how much I like the name.)

I know - it's nowhere near as exciting as Fat Cyclist's contests, but...

Oh. And I'll have a little something special to send the winning name's originator!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about free speech, etc, but I have to ask that comments are respectful of other readers, the fact that I, and many of us who follow this blog, support LIVESTRONG, and that you reserve Lance or LIVESTRONG bashing for another forum. As of right now, I'm still allowing Anonymous postings, however, that may not be the case in the future. Thanks!