Thursday, March 15, 2012

Meling Pot Wrap Up and Take THAT stupid cancer...

Well, last night at the Melting Pot in Darien was a blast! We were joined by a former colleague from my agency days, and a nice group of people who came in to celebrate life and contribute to LIVESTRONG with their meals and raffle tickets. My daughter, bless her little soul, kicked butt selling raffle tickets! She collected $125! We're waiting for the final tally and check from the event from The Melting Pot, but I'm guessing the event brought it a total of $350-500! Not bad for a night out on the town!

Oh, and FU chemotherapy... ask me if it's that time of the month. Yes, it is. HA! Thought you killed it... but you didn't! (Yes, this is going to be the only time where you will EVER see me declare that it's that time of the month.

Understand, in my case, it's a cause for celebration - there was a good chance that it would never come again. You see, chemotherapy is known for killing a woman's ability to have a menstrual cycle. I didn't have that problem until my last round. I was kind of bummed, actually, as Dr. Tepler remarked that I was one of a few patients he's had that didn't have any interruption - until the last. I was sure that was it for me, especially now that I'm on the hormonal therapy. But, leave it to my stubborn body, it's back. Which is good. I think. Not that I'm chomping at the bit to expand the family any time soon - but it's something that I seriously didn't even want to deal with/address/cope with on top of everything else. I know we have to look at things in a couple of years, as an oopharectomy (talk about an SAT word!) is recommended with my BRCA status, but, despite my doctor's regular urging to make a decision now, I know I have some time and I'm going to take it.

So, cancer, how's that for a big PBTHTHTHTHTHTHTTHTHTHTHTH!

Of course, now I have to deal with having my period again... I hear there are some great products out on the market for that kind of thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about free speech, etc, but I have to ask that comments are respectful of other readers, the fact that I, and many of us who follow this blog, support LIVESTRONG, and that you reserve Lance or LIVESTRONG bashing for another forum. As of right now, I'm still allowing Anonymous postings, however, that may not be the case in the future. Thanks!