- 3/14 in Darien, CT - Fondue-Raiser for LIVESTRONG - http://meltingpot.com/darien/
Dine with us and you will enjoy a special four-course fondue feast for just $44.95 per person. A portion of the proceeds from each meal purchased ($10.00) will go to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Please phone in your reservation today: 203-656-4774
- 4/29 in Pound Ridge, NY - The 3rd Annual ROCK the RIDE & RUN benefiting LIVESTRONG - http://www.active.com/5k-race/
pound-ridge-ny/ 3rd-annual-rock-the-ride-and-ru n-benefiting-livestrong-2012
Choose to walk, run or ride to benefit the Lance Armstrong Foundation and show support for the 28 million living with cancer today! There will be activities for runners and cyclists of all levels before and after the event! Friends and family are invited to join in the fun at the LIVESTRONG Village at the Trinity Corners Shopping Center, featuring booths and tables from local organizations and businesses, and you'll be provided a directory of participating shops within walking distance so you can enjoy the day!
- 5/1 in Stamford, CT - Shop Smart/Do Good at Lord & Taylor in Stamford - http://www.lordandtaylor.com/
Donate $5 for every ticket that you want for the event, and you'll get access to Lord & Taylor's best offers of the year with very limited exclusions! Be sure to select "Lance Armstrong Foundation" in the drop down menu when you purchase tickets online. Everyone who gets their tickets to benefit the Lance Armstrong Foundation will be entered to win a $25 Lord & Taylor Gift Card from me! You can also, email me and I can send you your tickets in advance. Tickets will also be available at the Fondue-Raiser and the ROCK the RIDE & RUN.
- 5/6 in New York City, NY - Team LIVESTRONG joins the TD Bank 5 Boro TourJoin Team LIVESTRONG as we ride the TD Bank 5 Boro Tour! Let me know if you want to join us - email@example.com! And let me refer you to the team - For every new VIP registration that I refer, another $100 will be donated to LIVESTRONG! Email me if you would like one of the remaining VIP slots left!
- June - date TBD - Camping Trip for Cancer SurvivorsSupported and sponsored by EMS with additional supplies by REI - please let me know if you'd be interested in participating in a weekend of hiking, camping and outdoor activities at a local nature reserve!
- The Melting Pot for so generously hosting our 2nd Annual Fondue-Raiser
- The 3rd Annual ROCK the RIDE & RUN would like to thank the growing number of businesses & organizations who have committed to joining us: The Pound Ridge Business Association, The Traveling Bike Shop, REI, EMS, Mark Boyland of Keller Williams Real Estate, Keystone Development, Team Danbury Audi - a local amateur team with some of the top competitive cyclists in their class!
- Lord & Taylor for allowing us to participate in the Shop Smart/Do Good event
- We are still actively seeking volunteers & sponsors for the 3rd Annual ROCK the RIDE & RUN! We need people to help at registration, to receive riders, runners & walkers upon their return, items for raffle, swag bags, sponsors for our t-shirts, businesses willing to donate food & drinks, etc.
- Do you own, or are associated with, a local gallery and would be willing to allow a 2-4 week long exhibit and art sale benefiting LIVESTRONG? Please let us know - we have a number of artists from across the country donating pieces for this project - now, we only need a home!
- The Wilton YMCA is currently seeking votes to receive a grant and the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program! Vote to bring LIVESTRONG funding to Wilton, CT for a program proven to support families fighting cancer. Add your vote before the deadline. http://vote.livestrong.org//
- If you are a cancer survivor, or know one, and would like to join a small group of us for a camping trip, please let me know. I'm working on solidifying a date and location, but EMS & REI have agreed to provide us with some equipment for free and at reduced rates, as well as some guides. It should be a lot of fun and a nice treat!
As always, I look forward to seeing all of you at our events! Be sure to introduce yourself and keep in touch! Thanks again!
If you cannot attend one of our events, but you would still like to contribute to the cause, please go to http://laf.convio.net/goto/
Rica Mendes, LIVESTRONG Leader